As the artwork comes down off my walls and the boxes start to pile up, I'm counting down the days until the movers arrive and I leave Asheville.
I'm very much a creature of habit so I'm dealing with the disruption to my life and daily routine by focusing on what I'm looking forward to when I get home to Santa Fe...
- Welcoming each morning from my balcony, curled up in my papasan chair wrapped in my favorite quilt with a cup, or 3, of coffee;
- Setting up a new studio space and starting new projects;
- Friday afternoons at The Teahouse before gallery hopping my way down Canyon Road;
- Yoga classes at YogaSource;
- Spa days at Absolute Nirvana and Ten Thousand Waves;
- Saturday morning breakfasts at The Teahouse before my weekly trip to Artful Tea, the Farmers' Market, and Ark Books;
- Ceramics classes at Santa Fe Clay;
- The smell of pinon smoke in the air on a crisp winter's night;
- Seeing Voices of the Counterculture in the Southwest at the New Mexico History Museum again;
- And the sunsets, always the sunsets.
I started Magic in the Desert: Santa Fe Reflections last January as a way of exorcising my homesickness for Santa Fe. But, in the end, the weavings pointed the way home.