I just received the Fall issue of Shuttle, Spindle & Dye, the Handweavers Guild of America's quarterly publication & there was a great article on color trends for 2007. Michele Wipplinger states "This palette is inspired by a fusion of folkloric traditions rich in ornamentation & bursting with hues that express the individuality of the global melange which defines our visual expression: textured, jeweled, layered, & eclectic."
Here's what's predicted to be hot...
- Amber Gold: red-based gold moving toward amber & metallic bronze
- Spicy Orange: muted shades of cinnamon & apricot, bronzed orange
- Sun-Burnt Red: red-orange
- Folkloric Red
- Sorrento Blue: yellow-infused blues
- Eco-inspired greens: bamboo, olive green
- Bronzed Browns: ranging from tan to taupe & bronzed metallics